Sunday, September 5, 2010

More $.99 Meat...and a Salad

I love boneless, skinless chicken thighs.  They are so versatile.  My buy price is $1.29, but my bulk price is $.99.  Adams Fairacre Farms has these on sale about once a month, so I stock up when the price drops from the regular $1.99 a lb.



I bought this fresh, but forgot to take a picture before I put it in the freezer.  I like to have a light meal prepared for my husband when he gets home.  I call it first dinner as an homage to the Merry and Pippen in LTR, (as in,"what about second breakfast?""I don't think they've heard of second breakfast.") Nerd alert.  Anyway, today I used my much loved boneless, skinless chicken breasts to make this tasty salad:

I used one thigh for two salads, about $.50 worth.  The romaine was on sale for $.99 a head.  I used about $.25 worth.  There was also about a quarters worth of red bell pepper and cucumber.  I fancied it up with some Danish Bleu Cheese.  It runs $6.99 a lb.  I bought a sliver that ran me $1.65.  It is a high dollar item, but a little of this stuff goes a long way.  I used about $.30 of the cheesey gold for this salad.  So, if my math is correct, it cost $1.55 for both salads before you add salad dressing.  And...the man liked it.

No comments:

Post a Comment