Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Too Much Information


Why would I buy Dulcolax?  Besides the obvious.  And, no, I don't need Dulcolax...today.  I bought it because it was on sale for $9.99.  I had a $3 coupon and got a $9.99 register reward back from CVS.  So, this was a $3 money maker deal. 

I also had a $5 coupon of off Schick Hydro Razors.  They were on sale for $8.97.  So, I paid $3.97 and got a $4 register reward.  So...free.  Now, we have $7 register rewards going into next week when they post the new deals. 

Now, the question on many a mind is...is it worth it?  Well, yes and no.  If you don't enjoy this type of activity, then no.  You would be better off working an extra hour a week or taking the hit on your budget for toiletries.  But, for Lil Bit and I, this is a game.  She told me today that it was like having a membership to a secret club where you get free stuff.  It is really fun, if you don't overdo it.  We live less than three blocks from CVS, so we can stop by on our way to just about anywhere. 

Alot of people complain that couponing doesn't really save you money unless you eat a bunch of processed foods.  I challenge that assumption.  We eat fresh fruits and vegetables and very little processed foods.  There aren't alot of coupons for apples and grapes.  However, with our system, we spend almost nothing on shampoo, conditioner, soap, toothpaste, deodorant, hairspray, and the like.  These things can add up, especially if you have more than one female in the house.  That puts a lot of room back into the weekly shopping budget.  And, we are using all name brand items.  We are just getting them for free, or almost free. 

And, I've created a couponing monster.  Lil Bit can't wait for next weeks circulars to get here, so we can get started on our next deals.  We have a combined $22 in +ups, register rewards, and ECB's to wheel and deal with.  Free is fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment