Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Low Falutin Victory 8/10

My husband and I have decided to write a book, or actually a series of books, on our Low Falutin' lifestyle.  This is encouraging me to take advantage of more frugal resources.  One of the resources I've recently started taking advantage of is Couponmom.com .  This site is great, especially for beginning couponers.  She has a great system that is fun and easy.  I logged on yesterday and printed out the deals for Rite Aid.  I found that they are having a sale on Old Spice 2 for $6, with a $2 plus up coupon good for your next purchase.  I bought two and it came to $6.49.  I had $4 worth of plus ups that were about to expire, so I used them.  I ended up paying $2.49 and recieved the $2 plus up.  Not bad.  Net $.49 for two items that were regularly $4.49 each.

Our (I had Lil Bit with me) next stop was Walgreens.  Yesterday, I signed up for an email subscription to  Krazy Coupon Lady's Blog and got a cool heads up in my inbox.  Walgreens has a sale on Secret Soothing Deodorant.  They are regularly $4.99, but were on sale for $2.29 each with a $3 register reward good towards next purchase.  Lil Bit and I both bought one.  So, we spent about five dollars and got $6 back in register rewards. 

Then we stopped at Kmart (it is in the same strip mall) and used our $1 off 1 coupons for Post-it Super Sticky Notes that we found in an email from MoneySavingMom.com .  We printed off three.  They were $1 a piece and so free after the coupons.  I used two and Lil Bit used one.  I used my Kmart rewards card and got a Kching prize of a 15oz bag of Pretzels. 


To Sum up, we spent a total of $6.13 (we had to pay taxes on the free stuff) and recieved $8 worth of coupons to use like cash on our next purchases...and free pretzels.  And had some good Big Mama/Little Mama fun.  Can't beat that.

btw...all of these stores are within one square mile of each other, so this trip took about thirty minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment